Okay, so I haven't been so hot at keeping this thing up. I just honestly haven't thought about it! Between 5 trips to Wichita, buying a different vehicle, a great harvest, Senior photography, and the passing of my Papa Talley, blogging just hasn't been there. SORRY! :)
We are well, though, in spite of all that stuff. Most importantly, my Papa is now in Heaven, a project he's been working on his whole life. He was the godly ROOT of our family's faith and I'm so proud of him finally achieving his goal. His going-out wasn't so pretty, as Alzheimer's had consumed him. Basically, he "forgot" he needed to eat/drink. I am thankful to the Almighty and Gracious God that my mom was with him when he died, along with her four siblings, and my Granny, of course. My uncle Tim came from Tanzania to say goodbye to him. Not everyone gets that special opportunity and I'm grateful that they did. We will have a family Memorial service over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Perfect timing.
Other than that, we are gearing up for school. Dave has been in Inservice since last Wednesday and we both start practice tomorrow. We hope to have good seasons. Dave's third class will start soon (Masters), and Mia will start her two-mornings-per-week at preschool. I hope she enjoys it as much as her one morning last year.
Have a good school year. Hope to keep up better now that we'll have a routine!! :)
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you've been busy. :) I'm so glad your Papa was a believer and that he is not with the Lord even though he can't be here with you any longer. I take for granted my Christian heritage.
Post a Comment