Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!





I haven't been very good about keeping this thing up, have I?  School is now out for the summer and we are glad about that.  It was a good, but challenging year.  Dave is well into his 2nd class for his Masters.  He leaves for Washington DC (school trip) June 2-8, then full-time farming after that.  Harvest usually starts here around June 22 or so, he'll be plenty busy there.  Mia and I will head to Wichita while Dave is in DC, then we will go again during the first week of July to visit with Uncle Gordon, Aunt Charlene, and Christi (and her 3 kiddos).  That will be a great time.  

As for now, the 3 of us went to the RiverWalk yesterday afternoon.  It was FINALLY a beautiful day (warm and NO WIND!) so we sat on the new back patio for a while, then went for a hike.  The pictures are of that adventure.  We saw deer tracks, a painted turtle, wild turkeys, a large beaver dam, and LOTS of poison ivy.  YIKES!  Today is rather cool and cloudy, so we'll be working inside today.  Lunch and dinner with the folks.  We were expecting Dave's oldest brother and his family tonight, but due to new job requirements, they are unable to come.  So, we'll go ahead with our planned meals and make it feel like a holiday anyway.  Dave is out there already blowing new insulation into their attic.  As you can tell, my hubby keeps very busy.  :)

Well, enjoy the pictures and I hope you have a wonderful day off of work.  We are proud to be Americans, and proud of our servicemen and women.  Thank you for the work you do to keep our country free!  God bless you, every one!!

Also, fondly remembering Grampy Banning, Aunt Jeffie, Uncle Jim, Grandma & Grandpa Irwin, and Grandmother Morrow and other very special people who are now with God. This is also a very sad time for the Whitlow family in Cunningham/Clearwater KS, friends and family in Christ. We are praying for all of you, especially our friends, the Hamm family. 

2 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

Hi Morrows!! It's Brad and Vanessa (Terry) Leonard. I saw you blog in the Heritage email and thought I would check it out. It's neat to see how you all are doing. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful.

I wanted to let you know that our family lives in the DC area. Brad works at the Pentagon and I stay at home with our three children: Reese (3), Adelyn (2), and Hayden (6 months). I know Dave's schedule will be crazy when he is here but if he needs ANYTHING, let us know. Our number 703.865.5813 H. We would love the opportunity to help.

God's blessings on your family!
Vanessa

www.bradandvanessa.com
(I need to update it!)

Laura said...

Thanks for your prayers and kindness Talley. Sounds like you had a super nice weekend. Even though our weekend was filled with tragedy and heartache...it was still wonderful to be with family and we still had a nice time. Funny how that is. God is so good.