Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ugh...


It's just one of those "ugh" days. I get them every once in a while, more recently lately. I don't know just what it is, but I'm ready for it to be gone. Sometimes it seems the heavy and dark things in life just settle on my shoulders and for the life of me I can't shake them off. This is not a sob story, and I'm NOT looking for pity or sympathy; just talking, that's all.

All of this "stuff" reminds me that life on this earth is not always so pleasant, and it's not supposed to be. I am to be yearning for Heaven and that perfection of eternal life, and I usually can do that. But somedays I just can't shake it. The stresses of infertility, a miscarriage, the tough times parenting, a baby niece with cancer (now healed, thank you God!), the death of a friend's cousins (yes, that affected me incredibly more than I expected), and on and on. Goodness. Sometimes it just piles on top of you. We've all been there. We've all gotten through it. But when you're in it, it's just yucky.

So, it's time to relax and go to sleep. Time to pray for God's help (again and again) that I can be a MUCH more patient Mommy and loving Wife, a woman who seeks more actively after Him, and to remember that I just have to do my best. My best isn't all that great sometimes. Sometimes I get so frustrated I quit trying, but life doesn't work that way, does it?

Thank you God for your love and grace. I love you and I thank you for taking care of me, giving me your guiding hand when I need it most.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

{{{hug}}}

Laura said...

You're so awesome Talley. Thanks for sharing your heart and for being so real about the darkness that you've been feeling. Thank you for caring about my family. You are so right though...this "stuff" does make us yearn for heaven so much more. I'm praying for you!